Patrick joined UNHCR in 2017 to work on the development of the Global Compact on Refugees, and was a member of the coordination team for the first Global Refugee Forum in December 2019. He has previously worked for the Intergovernmental Consultations on Migration, Asylum and Refugees, the Australian Attorney-General’s Department, and the Federal Court of Australia. He holds an LL.M. in International Law and a Masters of Diplomatic Studies, as well as Bachelors degrees in law and political science.
The Global Compact on Refugees and the Global Refugee Forum (Day 4), recommended reading:
- What is the Global Compact on Refugees?
- Global Compact on Refugees
- ‘Quick guide’ to the Global Compact on Refugees
- Volker Turk, The Promise and Potential of the Global Compact on Refugees. This article opened a Special Issue of the International Journal of Refugee Law on the Global Compacts on Refugees and Migration (Volume 30, Issue 4), which may also be of interest.
- Global Refugee Forum Outcome Document