Prof. d-r Bostjan Zalar
- Senior High Court Judge, Administrative Court of the Republic of Slovenia (2004 →),
- Ad hoc Judge of the European Court of Human Rights (2010 →),
- President of the International Association of Refugee and Migration judges (IARMJ-Europe, 2018-2020),
- Member of the Editorial Team within the EASO-IARMJ-Europe project on development ofthe core judicial training materials for judges in the field of Common European Asylum System
- Past Co-Chair of the Working Party on Asylum and Immigration of the Association of European Administrative Judges (2006-2011),
- Professor at the University of Ljubljana (2007 →), Lecturer at the Legal Clinics on Refugee Law, Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (2001→),
- Elected member of the Council of the European Law Institute (2012-2019) and
coordinator of the project: "Detention of Asylum Seekers and Irregular Migrants and the Rule of Law" (2017)
The most recent publications:
- (Vida Judiciária, 2019) “The Future of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU in the Area of Asylum and Return of Illegal Migrants”, Issue Sept./Oct.
- (Hart Publishing Oxford, 2020) “Impact of Judicial Dialogue(s) on Development and Affirmation of the Right to Effective Legal Remedy from Articles 13 and 14 of the Return Directive” in: Moraru, M., Cornelisse, G., N., De Bruycker, P., (eds.), Law and Judicial Dialogue in the Implementation of the Return Directive
- (Routledge, forthcoming) “Presumption of Innocence and Its Legal Implications in International Protection Cases on Exclusion Clauses: the European Law Perspective”, in: Serious International Crimes, Human Rights, and Forced Displacement, Edited by Simeon, James.